Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reflection

OCTOBER 14.2008

Oct.6.2008
Today was the first day we got introduced and got started doing the project. Our group got assign to a debate from the Douglas-Lincoln and we got the sixth debate, and in our group we got assigned to a part of the debate and I got slavery in the territory of Quincy, Illinois. Today in class what I did was just look up Douglas and Lincoln’s speech to read what they said during their speeches on slavery.

Oct.8.2008
Today what I got accomplished was that I didn’t find any specific quote where Lincoln or Douglas talked about slavery and how important It was to them. I found a sentence that said that during the debate neither Douglas nor Lincoln talked about black people or slavery. I think that there maybe at least 1 sentence that mentions what Lincoln or Douglas had to say or what they thought on slavery. My time management was bad because I was looking through all the websites instead of just staying in one and actually reading it.

Oct.13.2008
What I did today was that I didn’t really helped my group in the first period of class and to tell you the truth I was just spacing out and didn’t help my group because I though I was all finished. I could of asked my group if they needed help but I started doing that on the second period of time and that sucks that I took me along time to realize that my group needed help. When I asked for help they told me to look up for pictures I did but it took along time I don’t know how but my time went really fast and I took a long time looking for pictures.

What I contributed to the final product was just my article and I think a picture and a caption other than that I did not help them with the final product.
What I need to improve on is staying on task and asking my group is they need help or if there’s anything that I could do to help finish the final product. Next time that tell me to do something ill make sure that I do it and not just say “yeah yeah I’m going” or “ill just do it later” I think that I didn’t contribute any help to the final product and maybe that’s why it wasn’t good because I didn’t help them decide were everything went.

No comments: